Update: The index, which was launched by CryptoWire on 3 January, will begin trading on Bitbns exchange in the first week of April 2022, a release said.
The INDEX OF CRYPTOS (IC15) is a rule-based broad market index by market capitalization, that tracks the performance of widely traded liquid cryptocurrencies in the world. The index enables crypto enthusiasts, investors, and investment managers to monitor the performance of cryptocurrencies in the global markets.
Features of the Index
- Industry barometer
- Simple and easy to replicate
- Transparent and efficient benchmark
- Lower cost for investment vehicles
- Designed for robo-investors
Benefits of IC15
- A true benchmark of the underlying crypto market with a diversified representation of overall market sentiments
- A performance benchmark
- Can be accurately replicated for creation of Index linked products like Index funds, ETFs, structured products etc.
Index Methodology | Factsheet : https://cryptowire.in/assets/pdf/IC15FactSheet.pdf
The objective of the IC15 index is to provide insights into index-linked products such as crypto ETFs and funds. It will also help provide information about crypto mining and the overall cryptocurrency market.
It may be noted that the IC15 index comprises a governance committee (IGC) that includes domain experts, industry practitioners as well as academicians. They will be in charge of monitoring and maintaining the index, including reshuffling of the top 15 cryptos.