One of the best ways of using Pen Drive is as a temporary storage device i.e. RAM for our system, to increase the general boot up speed and also operational speed of the system. It can be possible with any kind of Windows operating system, all you need is a pen drive of minimum 1GB memory.
Now go with the following steps:
1. Insert the Pen Drive with 1GB at least in the USB port, better to prefer 4GB.
2. Wait for the PC to detect the pen drive.
3. After detecting it, there is a real and smart thing to do.
4. Right click on My Computer–> Properties.
5. Advanced–> Performance Settings.
6. Advanced–> Change.
7. Select the Pen Drive.
8. Click on Custom Size.
“Check the value of space available”
9. Enter the same in the Initial and Max columns.
“Here you just used the space of Pen Drive as a Virtual Memory”.
10. Now restart your PC.
Finally check the general start up time and also speed of your PC. So, you can have a high speed system in low cost.