The second Alpha release of Ubuntu 10.04, codenamed Lucid Lynx, is scheduled to be released on this Thursday (14th January). We have tried to mention here in thorough detail about the improvements we can expect in this new alpha release of Ubuntu.
We expect there will be several improvements to applications and boot time of Lucid Lynx Alpha 1. There will also be some changes to Ubuntu Netbook Remix edition.
- As we are expecting, Gimp will be removed from Alpha 2 release of Lucid Lynx.
- A new video editor named Pitivi has been added.
- There will be some significant improvements to Fspot photo manager.
- The number of games have already been stripped down to minimum in Lucid Lynx, when we compare it to the previous editions of Ubuntu. But, one new brain training game named gBrainy , will be added to the list of games.
- As heavily rumored, one of the most popular games on Facebook “Farmville”, will not get a shortcut in the menu of games.
- Ubuntu Netbook Remix, will be officially renamed as Ubuntu Netbook edition from now on.
- A 2 dimensional installer for Netbook edition, will be available to machines with limited graphics support.
- A new boot recovery option will be available with Lucid Lynx Alpha 2.
We do not have any leaked information about changes to appearance in Lucid Lynx Alpha 2. But if you have not installed recent updates to Alpha 1, you will notice Nautilus file manager will look a bit different in Alpha 2. There will be some changes to the appearance and views of menus as well.
We are constantly tracking the release of this new Alpha of Ubuntu Linux, and will update you as soon as it becomes available. Until then, keep hooked to BlogsDNA.