Those users who have recently migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7 will know that you cannot restore Windows XP backup taken in tape device on Windows 7 as Removable Storage Manager (RSM) is no longer included in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2. Microsoft is already aware of this situation.
They have released an updated Windows NT Backup Restore Utility which integrates seamlessly with both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. By leveraging the utility, customers will be able to restore backups created on computers running Windows XP and on Windows Server 2003 to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 machines.
Users running genuine Windows 7 operating system will be able to download this utility for free
Windows NT Backup Restore Utility
Once you have installed NT Backup Restore Utility, You can access it via the Start menu to All Programs, Accessories, and then System Tools.
- Exploring Windows 7 System Restore & Restore Previous Versions
- Download Comodo Time Machine to Quickly Restore Windows to Earlier Point in Time
- How to Backup & Restore Windows 7 Activation Status
- How to Restore Windows 7 Start Menu to Default Settings
- Organize Windows Vista & XP Start Menu with Tidy Start Menu