Press reports today from EA announce a new, huge RPG deal with Curt Schilling’s development studio, 38 Studios that will see Spawn creator Todd McFarlane art directing and author R.A. Salvator penning the story. The title is currently code-named “Project Mercury”, GameSpot reports, and will be an brand new IP set for release on the PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3.
However, another interesting aspect of the announcement is that developer BioWare, will more than likely be involved in the creation of the game. David DeMartini, general manager of EA Partners said,
“The guys at BioWare were actually involved in the early discussions with the folks at Big Huge (the development studio working on the title, now owned by 38 Studios),” he told GameSpot. “They’ve had an opportunity to have some preliminary discussions and preliminary talks. So, I certainly think that you could expect strong collaboration that would include the BioWare team.”
- Publisher Kalypso Announces Disciples III to come to North America, Asia Pacific, and Western Union
- Sony Announces First Facebook Game
- Street Fighter IV for iPhone Coming to App Store Tonight
- Valve Officially Announces Steam will come to Mac in April
- Will iPhone and iPad Game Development Take Over The Mobile Gaming World?